Thursday, March 3, 2011

March 3, 2011 {Disney Trip}

Today . . .

· Can it be our last day here already? None of us are ready to go home! Except for maybe Aliyah. Speaking of Aliyah, she was up at 7:15am again this morning. We did the morning routine – Aliyah and I go and eat breakfast and stay away from the room until Samuel and Hope wake up. Usually they are awake and ready for breakfast around 8:30 or so.

· We decided to take it easy today. Stay at the hotel for the morning and early afternoon and see where that takes us.

· Breakfast this morning was peaceful and enjoyable. Daryl and I figured out that it was because neither of us were eating (I had already eaten and Daryl had a quick breakfast of yogurt and fruit). This made it easier for one of us to feed Hope and the other one of us to hold Aliyah and keep her from grabbing everything on the table. Then we would tag team Samuel by encouraging him to eat. A lady actually came up and asked us what our secret was to having 3 such well behaved children. We just laughed because this was the first meal time all week where we weren’t about ready to pull out our hair.

· By the time we got back to our room after breakfast, Aliyah was pretty much ready for a nap. After I laid her down Daryl volunteered to stay in the room with her so I could go and play with Samuel and Hope. Samuel was a mess at this point and Hope was on the verge of a meltdown as well.

· I bet you can’t guess where we went?! Yup – the SAND! Samuel’s absolute favorite thing to do here. Our sandbox in the backyard is going to be great this coming summer. Camping should be pretty fun too! It was windy and even a little chilly by the beach but that didn’t stop us from having a really good time. We did the usual – alternate between playing in the sand and playing on the playground/slide. We dug a big hole in the sand and found a little Peter Pan figurine. Daryl (later in the day) asked Samuel where he found it and Samuel said “Peter Pan was hiding in my hole!” Today, Hope was big into putting her baby between her legs and sliding down the slide with it. Such a little Mommy!

· Daryl came around noon (Aliyah had a great nap!) with lunch for everyone. We haven’t pushed food on Samuel at all this vacation. We’ve pretty much let him eat whenever and whatever he wants . . . and usually that isn’t much. There are way too many other fun things to do!! Lunch was the same – he ate a couple of bites and then ran off for the slide.

· Once again, the simplest things are sometimes the best. The hardest I heard Samuel laugh all week occurred at lunch time today. We started feeding the sea gulls (big gasp!). They were really brave sea gulls and started flying right (like within a couple of feet) over our heads and kind of hovering above our table. There were 2 or 3 of them. Samuel thought this was the funniest thing ever. He loved it! When the number of sea gulls started growing we had to put a stop to the fun.

· The next activity we did was the quadricycle. The kids sit in basket on the front of the bike and Daryl and I sit side by side behind them and peddle/steer. Aliyah was in the Ergo. We only rented it for 30 minutes but it was fun! We rode down to see the horses in the Disney stable. Samuel didn’t want to go fast at first but then grew to like it and would tell us to go faster if we weren’t going fast enough for his liking. He also liked it when we would turn. Aliyah fell asleep in the Ergo towards the end so Daryl dropped me off by the hotel doors so that I could go upstairs and lay her down.

· Daryl brought Hope upstairs to me and both girls had a good 1 ½ hr nap while Samuel had some “Daddy time”. I started packing and getting things together for tomorrow morning.

Daryl takes over typing

· Samuel and I, Daryl, went down and spent our 100 free points in the arcade, it only gave us two games of basketball and a chance at a little prize but Samuel was done after that anyways. As we came out of the arcade we saw a sign for the afternoon craft and it was just opening. We went in and spent about 15-20 minutes making a little craft with stickers. Samuel had fun picking out the stickers he wanted and watching the other kids run around or do their crafts. After that we just wandered with the stroller and grabbed a quick snack. It was another great time to just spend together. The other day Hope made some mention of me going to class and work. I asked them if they liked it when I go to work and Samuel right away said “no!” I can’t wait till I am done with school and I can have more time with Sara and the kids!

· After Hope and Aliyah woke up we decided to head out to Hollywood Studios. We took the bus, which Samuel still loves (anytime we see a Disney bus he says, “That’s my bus!!”), and got the bus stop right before the bus was to pull away, Great timing!! At Hollywood Studios we started out by seeing a Muppet’s 3D movie. Hope LOVED it and it kind of scared Samuel. They both would jump when something would “come at them” on the movie. Samuel ended up on Sara’s lap and that helped. He didn’t always wear his glasses either. He’d duck and dodge when things would come out of the screen at him. He liked the bubbles that came down from the ceiling and the smoke from the gun at the end.

After that we went into a “Honey I Shrunk The Kids” playground. The kids absolutely LOVED this. They played and played, running through the tunnels and down the little slides. We were hoping to catch the light show, Fantasmic, so we knew we needed to eat supper on time but we could not pull the kids away from the playground. So I took Aliyah and Sara stayed with Samuel and Hope in the playground. I actually ate my whole supper while Aliyah slept in the Ergo and before the kids finally came to supper, which was only because they closed the playground!

After a quick supper we went to Fantasmic. It was standing room only by the time we got there and debated not staying but decided to wait it out anyway. It was well worth it! It was a great show and the kids totally soaked it up. I had to hold Samuel and Hope and Sara held Aliyah (don’t know how I did that for 30 minutes!) for the whole show. Hope and Samuel would dance, clap, and point at the fun colors and characters on stage. There were some “scary” parts that we were not anticipating for the kids but there were plenty of things to distract them during that part. We decided to walk out during the finale but were able to see the whole things as we were walking out. Samuel and Hope were clapping, pointing, and saying goodbye to Mickey, Goofy, and Donald Duck as we were leaving. The fireworks and finale were a GREAT closing to Disney for us all. What an amazing experience this has been!

· When we got back to the hotel we put the kids in the bath and then into bed. They all fell asleep quickly, once again totally exhausted after a hard day!

No comments: