After Hope's birthday, we continued celebrating Hope by driving up to Grand Rapids and eating at Chez Olga's, a Haitian Restaurant. Not just any Haitian restaurant, but the only one in all of Michigan. And it is less than an hour away from our house! We had a great time and the food was absolutely delicious. It is owned and operated by Haitians that moved to the States 17 years ago. Daryl had a great time talking to them in Creole. :) It was fun and totally Haitian - when Neil was ordering, the waiter totally walked away in the middle of Neil talking . . . someone else in the kitchen was talking to him and so he felt the need to interrupt Neil and first talk with this other person. Too funny! He walked away or started talking to other people numerous times while we were ordering. I was hoping for Coke in glass bottles but that was just a little too much to ask for!! Hope absolutely loved the plantains. It was fun to see how much she loved Haitian food - she can't deny her heritage!! I didn't think I missed Haitian food that much but with every bite I was reminded of how good it is! I missed it more than what I thought and I couldn't stop saying "Yum!" or "This is SOOO good!" after every bite that I took. The kids were great, the food was delicious, and we left saying that we'd definitely be back!! A fun and perfect way to end Hope's birthday celebration!
No comments:
Post a Comment