Monday, March 14, 2011

An afternoon in the life of Samuel

While the girls nap, Samuel gets special one-on-one time with Mommy. Today I documented our afternoon in pictures. . .

Trains. Samuel loves his trains. He's really good at driving them around the tracks, complete with sound effects and everything. It's fun to see the trains that he puts together. This one has two engines and caboose!!

Running. Samuel loves to run. There are many times where this boy just needs to run. Upstairs is a perfect place for it. He can run the length of the house in a straight shot. We try and keep his room empty of unnecessary toys for this very reason! His new thing is to run and then jump and try and touch the animal mobile hanging from his light. Tonight we were at the grocery store and I was telling him what a big boy he is. He said "Yes, Samuel a big boy. pause. But Samuel can't touch animals yet!" Sweet boy!

Marble Track. With Aliyah on the "go", we just recently moved his marble track upstairs to his bedroom. I was nervous that Aliyah would get the marbles because before it was just sitting in the living room. The marbles would end up all over the place no matter how many times I put them up high or told Samuel to keep them in his track.

Trampoline. This boy is getting good on the trampoline!! He can jump super high and is learning new "tricks" all of the time.

He can sit down on his bum and stand back up again on the bounce.

He calls this opening and closing his legs. I call it the splits. Same thing. :)

Samuel's "spin move" where he proceeds to jump, try and spin a circle, and then usually ends up on his bum or belly on the trampoline!

Two years old. Samuel has just recently learned how to put his 2 fingers up to show how old he is. He's been working so hard at it! One day, when we were in Florida, we caught Samuel sitting quietly in the stroller trying so hard to get those two fingers up in the air and the other two to be held down by his thumb. He kept saying "I can't do it!!" But now, after lots of practicing, he can do it!!

Samuel's new thing when he is talking is to scrunch up his nose. Usually he does it when he is telling us something funny or reminding us to do something, like, "Mommy forgot to put on Samuel's bib!" or, "Mommy, we forgot to pray!" It looks like (in the picture above) that he is smiling his cheesy smile, but don't be fooled, he is really telling you that he thinks Santa Claus (his beanie baby) looks like Captain Hook!

I love my boy and I love the special time I have with him in the afternoons!

No comments: