Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hope and Buckles

Hope is obsessed with buckles. It's a serious addiction of hers. Very cute, but she's almost at the point where she needs intervention and maybe "buckles anonymous"!! Bad joke. Sorry. She is just too funny!! Everything that has a buckle that girl finds. And then she works on it until it is buckled. Whenever I put any of the kids in anything - stroller, car seats, highchairs, - I have to unbuckle it first! The other day my Dad got a helmet for his birthday . . . Hope found the buckle almost immediately. When I unbuckle her car seat I have to tell her at least 3 times to climb out of her car seat and to not buckle herself back in. She'll finally give it up and slide out of her car seat only to go straight to Aliyah's or Samuel's car seat and start to work on the buckle. This girl cannot leave buckles alone! It's pretty cute how you have to literally pull her away from a buckle that isn't buckled. She'll do everything she can to get it buckled!!

Hope found the camera case the other day and guess what? It has a buckle on it. Kept her busy for a good 10 minutes. :)

Tonight after supper I unbuckled Hope and told her that she could get down. Instead of getting down she decided to buckle herself in again. And bonus! Her chair has 2 buckles on it! I don't know how many times she asked to get down, I unbuckled her, she re-buckled herself in, and then would ask again to get down. Repeat that oh about 5 or 6 times. It's like she couldn't get down knowing that her buckles were unbuckled but once she re-buckled them she realized that she was, once again, stuck in her seat! Silly girl!! Mommy loves you, Hope!!


No comments: