Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Few of Li's Favorite Things

In no particular order, these are a few of Li's favorite things:


1. Her older siblings toys. Anything that isn't a baby toy. The other day she grabbed Samuel's baseball and glove and put the baseball in the glove - she knew exactly where it went!


2. My parent's foster baby, Janelle. She is obsessed with her. It's really cute but she has no idea what "gentle" or "careful" means! Whenever she sees Janelle she goes straight for her and starts saying "oooooh, ooooh!" and holding her arms out to try and reach for her. Even if she just sees the carseat, she knows that Janelle is in there and she'll start going crazy!


3. The cupboards in the kitchen. Today I caught her digging her hand into the macaroni noodles and throwing them around the kitchen. She loves to pull all of the food and canned goods off of the pantry shelves that she can reach. I make sure all the heavy stuff and glass bottles are waaaay in the back or waaaaaaay up high!


4. Bald baby dolls, especially black ones. This is a picture of Aliyah with Hope's baby. Aliyah has a baby exactly like that, except for it is white. For whatever reason, she prefers Hope's baby. And she loves the bald heads because then she can give them all the kisses (read: slobber) that she wants! She also goes crazy over Hope's bitty baby doll. I think I know what Aliyah will be getting for her 1st birthday! She pat the baby's heads or backs and will smile big when I say "Oh, Aliyah - look at your baby! Do you love your baby?" - it is so cute!

5. The potty chair. There are no pictures of her for this one because she is not allowed to touch the potty. Much to her dismay. She does everything in her power to get that thing. When Samuel or Hope are sitting on it, I have to physically restrain Aliyah from getting it. When Hope and Samuel aren't sitting on it, I have to put the potty chair in the bathtub or close the bathroom door. Usually I do both. Just in case!

6. Putting things in her mouth. No pictures of this one either because usually I am frantically digging things out of her mouth instead of taking pictures of her chewing on things that she is not allowed to have. Good move on my part. On Saturday we're almost positive that she swallowed a penny. We have not yet seen it come out. In the span of 1/2 hour the other day I: dug a lilac flower out of her mouth, took a quarter away from her (she pulled my purse off of the counter by grabbing the strap that was hanging down and apparently there was a loose quarter in there), and pried a little necklace pendant out of her cute chubby fist (she pulled the pendant off of one of Hope's necklaces).

7. Putting her hands in her hair while she eats. Especially when she has a little "pebbles ponytail" in her hair. She'll coat it with whatever food she is eating (bananas, pb sandwich, etc.). In fact, by the time she's done playing with her hair, she doesn't need a little elastic in her hair anymore because it'll stand all all on its own!!

No comments: