Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Perfectly Beautiful (and Cruel) February Day

Today was a beautiful day. The warmest weather we have had in months! I think the high was around 48 degrees! I love days like this but at the same time it's a cruel teaser for spring. In a few days they are predicting temperatures back down in the 30s. And it is only Feb 16! Most likely there will be more snow yet before Spring really shows up. We took advantage of the warm weather and spent a lot of time outside!

I had a doctor's appointment this morning so my Mom came over to watch the kids. After I got home my Mom took Samuel outside to play. The snow was nice and sticky - perfect for building a snowman!

This is my Mom telling me to put the camera down and get my boots on and come help her! I obeyed and went to help her out. :)

Perfecting the snowman's face. Samuel was putting the carrot nose on the snowman about where his belly button should be. :) You can tell that it is a 46 degree day at the end of winter and not at the beginning. If it was at the beginning we'd be all bundled up. After a cold winter, 46 feels warm and we start taking off our coats, mittens, etc!

How does it look, Samuel?

Samuel and Grandma with the finished snowman.

King of the snowbank! I had gone inside with the camera and Grandma had to come in and get it because Samuel wanted a picture of him on top of the snowbank!

Such a handsome boy. :)

After Hope's nap I took the kids for a walk. Samuel and Hope were in the double stroller and Aliyah was in my (new!) Ergo carrier. LOVE the Ergo!! It totally didn't feel like I was carrying 24lbs of baby. Aliyah took a little snooze during our walk and Samuel and Hope had a great time looking for dogs and pointing out things along the way. It felt SO good to get out and take a walk with the kids again!

After our walk Samuel and Hope wanted to keep on playing outside. They had a great time splashing in the puddles (I think Samuel needs some rain boots!). Samuel went through 2 pairs of boots, 2 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of pants, and 2 pairs of mittens today. He was filthy when we went inside for dinner. I love that boy!! Everything got thrown in the washing machine (including his coat!) and everything is dried and put away where it belongs. No big deal. Totally worth the fun that he had today! Hope had a great time playing outside too. She kept herself a little neater . . . not sure if it was the rain boots or the fact that she's a girl. Maybe both. :) Although her pants did end up in the washing machine too because she sat down in the puddles a couple of times. :)

Spring, come quickly!!!

No comments: