Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Aliyah Rose: 7 months old

Aliyah Rose, you are 7 months old!! Your 7 month birthday last Wednesday crept up on me and was here before I knew it! You are growing up so quickly. I love you so much and absolutely love every moment that I spend with you. I am trying so hard to record as much as I can about each month so that I can look back and remember what you were like at each age.

What are you up to now?
  • You are in size 4 diapers and size 18 month clothes.
  • Your sleeping schedule hasn't changed much since last month. Two naps a day yet and sleeping through the night. The big news about sleeping this month is that now you are falling asleep in your crib all by yourself! Mommy gives you hugs and snuggles and lays you down with your lovey. I pat your back for a few minutes and then give you a kiss and walk out of the room. Sometimes you cry for a minute or two but it doesn't take long for you to lay your head down and fall asleep. What a good girl!!
  • You have rolled over from your tummy to your back twice. Twice. That's it. You are happy playing on your tummy and you have no desire to roll to your back. But we know you can do it!!
  • You try so hard to pull up to a stand and one night you did!! You pulled up on your wire clothes baskets. You don't have good balance though so you fell over almost right away. Silly girl!
  • You are getting fast scooting around on your bum. You can get pretty much wherever you want to go and your brother and sister are not always thrilled about that! You do get up on your hands and knees sometimes but no crawling yet. You'll scoot yourself backwards when on your tummy.
  • You love sweet potatoes and pears. Within the next few weeks you will be trying carrots and peaches. You've also had smashed banana and yogurt. You like those too! You nurse 3-4 times a day.
  • You definitely know your Mommy and prefer your Mommy over anyone else. But you still do well in the nursery, with Daddy, and with Grandma. But as soon as you see me, it's all over. You've started to give "hugs" when Mommy holds you. I love that!!
  • Still just your 2 bottom teeth. You have a fever today. I'm hoping you aren't sick but it's just related to teething. I don't like it when you don't feel well. :(
  • You are called pretty much anything but Aliyah. Lili, Li, Liya Rose, Ali, and so much more! Samuel often calls you Lili and Hope calls you Li.
  • I didn't write this post when I should have. It is now March 5 and so I need to just quit writing this 7 month post and wait 11 more days until you are 8 months old and I can write that post!
You are growing up too fast, Aliyah Rose! Mommy can't believe how quickly you are changing. You are beautiful and so much fun. I love you and I always will!!


No comments: