Friday, February 18, 2011

February Days

Today we spent quite a bit of time playing outside again. It was a little colder than yesterday (low 40s for the high) but the sun was out which really helped. The kids had to wear hats, mittens, and winter coats. Samuel was thrilled because the snow melted enough that we could get the cover off of the sandbox and play in the sand. We also played on the slide for awhile. I was telling Hope to go up the steps to the slide when Samuel told me "Mommy, it's called ladder. Not steps." Oops! Thank you, Samuel. I stand corrected. :)

All of the kids hanging out in the chair after Hope woke up from her nap. It took about 10 pictures to get these two good ones!! I love the first one because Aliyah is smiling but I absolutely love Hope and Samuel's smiles in the second pic.

Samuel and Hope playing hide-and-go-seek after supper tonight. I love playing this game with them because while I count to 10 really slowly I run around the house cleaning up or getting things done. They are really good at hiding and staying in the same spot until I find them.

Aliyah doesn't crawl but she does manage to get where she wants to go! Tonight she found the puzzles and decided she needed to see if they tasted okay. Samuel saw her playing with "his" puzzles and freaked out. He grabbed the pieces away from her but they were wet with her slobber so he quickly gave them back to her. He hates to touch stuff that is wet - especially wet with slobber - sometimes he even gags. If you ever don't want him to touch something of yours, just slobber all over it first. I promise you he won't go near it!!

Aliyah inspired Samuel and Hope to work on puzzles as well. These puzzles are almost too easy for Samuel. Hope is getting better at them. If she works hard and focuses on what she is doing she can put a puzzle together without a problem. It's the focusing that we struggle with . . .

No comments: