Samuel and Hope are at such a cute age right now! I love watching them play and hearing what comes out of their mouths!
This was my conversation with Samuel this morning when I went to get him out of bed. He had been crying because he wanted me to come upstairs and get him (usually he comes down on his own) and I was busy getting Hope up so he had to wait.
Samuel: Owie, Mommy!
Me: Where do you have an owie, Samuel?
Samuel: (pointing to his both of his cheeks) My two faces!
Now let's just hope his "owies" on his cheeks were from crying so hard and not the start of another sinus infection . . .
Hope's vocabulary is coming right along! She is so advanced in what she says - I think mainly because she has Samuel to copy. Tonight I was playing downstairs with Samuel and Hope. Hope was playing with her play kitchen and food. She had a spoon in the pretend soup can. She went and sat down at the tool bench, put her spoon and soup can down, folded her hands, and said "Dear Jesus, Amen!" and picked up the spoon and started pretending to eat. Love that girl!!
Samuel is starting to do some pretend play and starting to use his imagination. So fun! At my Mom's house this afternoon she tried to get him to pretend to throw a ball back and forth. He did a good job for a few "throws" but then he stopped, looked at my Mom, and said "No ball!" with a tone and stance of you seriously think we had a ball?!?
The days are so fun with these kids. It can get a little crazy sometimes but whenever I look back over the day I realize how much we had and how much they made me laugh! And how much they laughed, too! My Mom was watching them for a bit this morning and afternoon and she told me that when she talked to my Dad on the phone at noon she said to him "I don't know how Sara does it"! It's sometimes good for other people to confirm what I feel - three kids 2 and under is a really hard job! I'm not just imagining it! So hard . . . but so fun . . . and so rewarding!
No comments:
Post a Comment