Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sleeping Boot Camp

I'm not sure if I shared this before on my blog or not, but we are working hard on Samuel's sleeping habits (or maybe I should say falling asleep habits). We are now at the point where we can sit next to his bed in a chair while he falls asleep. This is big improvements, people, big improvements! Daryl made the switch from sitting next to him in his bed to sitting in the chair about a week ago. His reason? He told Samuel that Samuel's getting too big and Daddy can't fit in bed with him anymore. It has worked so far. Tonight Daryl was doing his internship so my Mom put Samuel to bed. This is how it went:

Samuel: "Grandma lay in bed with Samuel"

Grandma figured she would just lay down with him since she is Grandma and Grandma's have special privileges.

Samuel: (after laying down a minute or two with Grandma next to him) "Samuel stuck!" (tossing and turning)

Grandma: "You're stuck? Grandma help you, Samuel?"

Samuel: "No. Grandma too big! Grandma sit chair."

Grandma: "Is Grandma too big for your bed? Shall I go sit in the chair?"

Samuel: "La" (translation: "Yes")

Grandma gets out of Samuel's bed and sits in the chair. Samuel snuggles into his bed and gets comfortable and falls asleep.

We are making progress! Good job, Samuel!!

No comments: