Thursday, January 13, 2011

2


2 years old. I love the age. I really do. Except when I don't. Like today. When Samuel threw so many tantrums in a one hour span that I lost count. But I wrote down my favorites so I would remember them. In no particular order, these were a couple of the tantrums today:

- Me needing to nurse Aliyah. Apparently he did not want me to do that this morning.
- He asked to watch "Boz" while I was nursing Aliyah (after he got over the fact that I was indeed going to feed her, no matter how much he opposed it). Thankfully, Boz was already in the DVD player so I turned it on. But nope, now he wanted Bob the Builder. So I told him to pick out which Bob the Builder he wanted. He picked out the Boz DVD case. I told him that was Boz. He said he wanted to watch it. I said we were watching it, it was Boz. He argued with me. Threw himself on the ground, etc. Finally went and found a Bob the Builder DVD. I stopped nursing Aliyah to put it in. He watched it for 2 minutes max.
- He asked for a waffle for breakfast but didn't want me to put it in the toaster. I gave it to him frozen to show him that it needed to go in the toaster. He got mad because it was frozen. I put it in the toaster. Temper tantrum starts (or continues?). Fast forward 3 minutes, he ate the waffle.
- Hopey said she wanted a pink plate for breakfast. I gave her the pink plate. Samuel said she wanted red. Got mad and threw a fit when I didn't give her a red plate. We don't even own a red plate.

These temper tantrums all happened within an hour of waking up. Thankfully our day got much better. I really do love the stage he is at. Most of the time it is a blast! But then there are days like today . . . :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

We have so many days like that at our house! It's so good to know someone else does too! :) Hang in there.