Samuel loves the new bike that we got for him . . . but he only loves it at my parent's house on their beautifully, flat, cemented driveway (can you tell I'm jealous?!). He won't ride it at our house because our driveway is uneven asphalt with lots of dips that you have to watch out for and his bike ends up being tippy because both training wheels can't touch the ground at the same time to keep his bike stable. We were loading up his bike today to take to Grandma's house for him to ride and this was the conversation:
Samuel: "I don't waaaaant my new bike!"
Me: "Samuel, we are going to Grandma's house. You like your new bike there, remember!?"
Samuel: "Oh yeah!!" (big smile one his face)
Daryl: "Samuel, we'll teach you how to like your new bike at our house too"
Samuel: "Yeah, maybe when I am 5 or 6"
Me: "How about when you are 4?"
Samuel: "Yeah"
Me: "Or how about when you are 3 1/2?"
Samuel: "I'm 3 1/2 right now!!!!" (with a silly grin on his face)
Me: "I know! Maybe you can learn to like riding your new bike at our house right now!"
Samuel: "But Mommy, it kind of freaks me out a little bit!" (nodding his head importantly like he is telling us a very true and honest statement)
Me: laughing hysterically . . . no words :)
I love it when he comes up with big boy phrases like that! Where does he hear this stuff? ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment