Happy Mother's Day!! I love being a Mom . . . even to sweet little grumpy boys like this one!! Aliyah just knocked over his tower and he wasn't too happy with her.
But please take note . . . THIS PICTURE WAS TAKEN WITH MY BRAND NEW CAMERA!! You heard that right! Daryl and the kids surprised me with a Nikon D3100 camera. It's exactly like my Mom's camera except is is (obviously) newer and I can take video with it. So nice!!
My Mom opening her Mother's Day present from us - a new Bible.
Her new apron from Anna.
My very special Mother's Day gift from my parents.
This picture has a lot of meaning behind it. My Grandma Stegink has this exact same picture hanging in her house. I've always loved it and have wanted it ever since I was a little girl. I've mentioned a couple of times how much I'd love to inherit that picture from her someday! The problem? Both of my aunts want it too!! Aunt Ellen (my Grandma's oldest daughter) has had her eye on that picture for much longer than I have so when it comes to who gets it . . . I'm pretty much at the bottom of the totem pole. Fast forward to a few weekends ago . . . my Mom and I were at some garage sales when we stumbled across this picture. I gasped and said, "Mom! Look!!" She quickly grabbed it and offered the owner $30 instead of $35 for it. We couldn't believe our luck!! He said yes but then immediately retracted the agreement when he saw that there was a number on the back of the picture. He was concerned that it was actually worth something and that he wasn't selling it for enough. He said it was no longer for sale until he was able to research it further and make sure it wasn't an expensive picture. We left our name and number with him in case he changed in mind. We left the garage and I was in tears. I proceeded to cry all. the. way. home. It surprised me because I didn't realize how much I wanted it until after he told us we could no longer have it! I saw so angry and so disappointed! Well . . . he called us about an hour later saying that he found the picture online for 30-some dollars and that he was now okay with selling it to us for $35. My Mom went out and got it and then surprised me by giving it to me today! I thought she was going to keep it in her house and that someday I would inherit that one. It was a pleasant surprise to receive it as a gift so soon!! I can't wait to hang it up in my house!
Dad and Grandpa relaxing outside
Hope loves playing with this tee and jump rope. She is definitely my creative player!!
Samuel was trying to catch the ball with his butterfly net!
Mother's Day 2012. I am SO incredibly blessed!
Me and my littlest girl. Why does time go by so quickly?!
I absolutely love this picture. It's definitely going in a frame!
I love how the blue hat brings out her blue eyes!
"Grandma! Are you in there?"
My little Children's Place model :)
Aliyah "helping" me cut up strawberries
My Grandpa and Grandma Bishop. It was a joy sharing Mother's Day with them.
I had a wonderful day! I am blessed with a wonderful husband, beautiful kids, and a godly Mother who has set a great example for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment