We were playing in the backyard this morning when Samuel said, "Mommy, where can we go? I want to go somewhere!" It was almost lunch time so I quick called up my Dad and asked if we could join him at his work for lunch. He readily agreed so I quickly packed a lunch and we were on our way. For early May, it was a pretty warm day! My Mom met us there (she was the photographer!) too. After lunch we took a walk around the pond. Such fun memories being made!
I love the special relationship that my kids have with their Grandpa! They absolutely love spending time with him and I have a strong suspicion that the feeling is mutual! (This picture was the one that we later turned into a canvas for my Dad for his birthday.)
Pointing out some turtles that were sunning on a log. After that we threw some rocks at them to make them all jump off.
I wouldn't trade time with family for anything else in the world!!
Samuel pointing out the turtles to Aliyah
Aliyah got a little too close to the edge of the pond and fell in the mucky mud. A few wet wipes and all was good again!
This picture was taken right after we saw a dead deer in the shallow pond water. Nice. I don't think the kids noticed it. Thank goodness!!
After the walk we headed inside so my Dad could show off his grand-kids to his coworkers. Can you believe that this is the first time he's had the chance to show them off at his work? The kids were shy but they had fun seeing Grandpa's office and where he works. Their favorite person that they met was Liz because she gave them all Klondike bars!! It was a messy treat but the kids sure enjoyed it. :) We kept my Dad a little over his lunch hour . . . (by like an hour!) . . . Oops!!
No comments:
Post a Comment