
This sweet boy is hardly ever sick enough to fall asleep in Mommy's chair. This morning he was whiny and cranky and I realize now that he probably wasn't feeling well. I feel bad for being hard on him and telling him to cut it out. He came over to me while I was making lunch and said, "hooooold you!" (I love how he still says that!) I picked him up and he was burning up with a fever. I got his pillow and his "friends" (monkey, baby, and beaver) and put him in my chair with a movie on while I fed the girls lunch and put them down for their naps. By the time I had a chance to snuggle him and hold him, he was sound asleep. After about an hour he woke up so I pulled him on my lap and let him sleep for another hour after that. When he woke up he was still really hot. He told me his legs were "owie" (probably achy from the fever) so I talked him into taking some medicine. About a half hour later he was up and playing and acting completely normal. Whatever bug he had/has . . . it's a weird one. No symptoms, just a fever. And for a max of 1 day. I don't like it when my kids are sick, but if they are going to be sick, I'll take a virus like this over pretty much anything else!!

**Edited to add: He went to be at 9pm (which was a surprise considering he had a 2 hour nap!) and slept until 11am the next morning!!
No comments:
Post a Comment