Wednesday, June 29, 2011

One less button on her belly!

Today was a BIG day for Hope. Not only did she have a doctor's appointment in Ann Arbor, get stung by a bee (at Grandpa and Grandma's house this evening), and correctly identify the color purple while shopping in Target with Mommy (see? Target is a GREAT place for both shopping and learning!), but she also got her g-tube out!! We haven't used it in over 3 months and we've rarely used it in the past year. She was pretty excited when I asked her if she wanted her button out. She got a big, shy smile on her face and laid right down so that I could take it out. After I pulled it out I gave it to her to hold. Then I think she got a little confused and unsure about everything because she kept saying, "put it in!" We kept telling her that she was a big girl and that she didn't need her button anymore. That put a smile on her face and now she is all tucked in bed and sound asleep after her busy busy day. We are praying for quick healing and that it doesn't drain for long. We don't want her to need surgery (even though it is a simple procedure) to close it up!

1 comment:

Annie said...

These pictures remind me of Haiti. Glad you get to play nurse on your own kids sometimes too! :)