Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Today

 Today, we hung out at McDonald's.  We went there in the morning from like 10:30 until just over noon.  I was determined not to buy lunch there!  Instead, I bought a snack for them of cookies and apples and a coke for me . . . all for $3.18!  Shortly after noon, when I told the kids that it was almost time to go, Samuel looked at me and said, "why, Mommy?"  I replied, "because it is almost lunch time."  After I said that, I realized how silly it sounded (since we were at a fast food place and all) and quickly looked around to see if anyone was looking at me with a confused look on their faces!  But it was a good morning!  The kids had a blast and got rid of some energy!  Yesterday it was 53 degrees outside and all our snow melted. Today it is around 40.  All of our snow is gone again.  This weather is ridiculous.  It's so hard to take the kids outside to play when the weather is like this.  So McDonald's is the next best thing, right? ;)
The kids were playing with another little girl while we were there.  She was probably about 5 or 6 years old and she was wearing pajamas pants with a drawstring (that wasn't tied).  At one point Hope came running up to me all upset and said, "Mommy, that girl isn't listening to ME!"  I asked Hope what happened and she said, "I was just trying to fix her pants!"  Oh dear.  Boundaries, dear Hope, boundaries! 

  


And this is what sweet Aliyah did while the other two were crawling through the tunnels and going down the slides: 
I think the facial expressions are similar in all the pictures, don't you?  She's such a little ham!  I tried to take her up the tunnels and down the slide once but she totally freaked out.  Fine with me!  I'd rather not be crawling through those things either!  She just ran around, climbed up some steps, jumped around, drank some coke, ate some pretzels, and looked pretty darn cute!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Woah! How'd you do that with those pictures of Aliyah? (Oops, and I'm not even sure I spelled that right...)