Tonight we headed out to Brookside Farms to go blueberry picking! Grandpa and Grandma watched Aliyah for us so that we could go with just Samuel and Hope. Aliyah is at a hard age right now for stuff like blueberry picking because she still isn't quite walking but she thinks she can do everything that a "walker" does. Instead of picking blueberries, one of us would have been walking around holding onto her hands or listening to her sit on the ground and scream because we weren't helping her walk. No thank you! Samuel and Hope did great. They probably picked a total of 8 blueberries between the two of them but they stayed really busy with running around, throwing their buckets (shhhh! don't tell!), and eating blueberries out of our pails. Daryl and I had a competition (because everything in life is a competition if you ask a Stegink) to see who could pick the most blueberries in the 1hr that we had before the place closed on us. I tried to get Samuel and Hope to eat blueberries out of Daddy's bucket instead of Mommy's . . . but I must not have been too convincing. Daryl beat me by 1/2 lb. We picked a total of 12 pounds - not bad for an hour! Samuel liked being a "blueberry dump truck" - I showed him how to make his shirt like a "dump truck" and gather blueberries in his shirt before dumping them into the bucket. He thought that was pretty cool. By the time we left, Samuel's face was bright red from running around playing. And his face was filthy too! I love that. :) We had a good time with the two oldest kids and now we have 22lbs of blueberries (we bought a 10lb box) to last us through the year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment