Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday Afternoon Birthday Party

We had a little birthday party for Aliyah this afternoon. My Mom made this cake for her after my cake disaster yesterday afternoon. Samuel was excited about eating cake and kept asking about it so we decided we better throw a little party! Last night when we put her candle in the muffin Samuel said to us, "No! You don't do happy birthday with a muffin!" I think this party made him happy just for the simple fact that after we sang Happy Birthday he was able to pull the candle out of the cake and lick it off. :) It tastes so much better than a blueberry muffin!

Aliyah got a chance to lick off the candle too! Her big brother was never far away . . .

Touching the little star sprinkles. Don't you just love her little dress! It's my new favorite article of clothing for Aliyah. :)

I asked Aliyah if she wanted some and this was the response that I got. I think that means yes!

When we put a piece of cake on her tray she tried to pick it up . . .

But then decided that she didn't want to touch it!

Finally getting brave enough to pick it up and eat it.

She took a couple of bites and then started shaking her head "no" and throwing it onto the ground. Samuel polished off enough cake for everyone. :)

Aliyah opened some books from Grandma. Good thing that there was enough books for everyone!

Aliyah with her new outfit from Grandpa and Grandma

Daddy reading Aliyah one of her new books. She is so in love with books right now!

My beautiful 1 year old!

1 comment:

Annie said...

She IS beautiful! Her eyes are so blue! I love the dresses on both of your girls...makes me want girls someday. :) And I love first birthday pictures of kids with their cake!