Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Week Without Daryl



I can't say that it was a fun week, but I can say that I learned a lot!!
  • Didn't cover this week with enough prayer before Daryl left. Prayer is SO important.
  • Show myself what I can do. When I have help from others, I tend to lean on them and not do things that I should/could be doing. It's good to need to do it by myself and show myself that I can do it by myself.
  • Focus on this week as a time to do special things with my kids, not a time to try and get housework, cleaning, or other work done. Focus on the kids and do what I can if I have a chance. Don't try and make time for extras that I don't really need to do this week.
  • Prayed about going with Daryl to Haiti.  Felt strongly that God was telling me "no, not this time."  Kids sick. Hope weird coughing episode. Aliyah doctor. So glad to get confirmation that it was God telling me "not this time".
  • Slow down. My job right now is my kids. Don't worry about other things. FOCUS on them. Think before I act/speak. 
These are the brief notes that I jotted down shortly after Daryl came back (finally posting this in May!).  I'm posting it more for my memory than for the 3 people who read my blog. ;)

No comments: