Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Snow . . . Finally!!

On January 1st and 2nd, we got "hit" with about 4-5" of snow. I say "hit" because we haven't had that much snow yet this year. The snow accumulation total for January 1st and 2nd surpassed the total snowfall for all of November and December. So, needless to say, we are pretty excited to have snow on the ground! We played out in the snow yesterday (while Aliyah was napping) and again today during Aliyah's nap. One of my goals this year is to get the kids outside every possible day that I can, within reason. If only for a 1/2 hour. It's good for them and it's good for me!
Today the snow was perfect for making a snowman! Well, it was good as long as I used the snow that had been in the sun.

My helpers! They did a great job putting the buttons on and finding sticks for arms.
They also found pine needle branches for his crazy hair. It's hard to see his "hair" in this picture though.

That's a snowman with a bad hair day!!

When I wasn't paying attention, Hope stuck this stick in the back of the snowman. When I asked her what that stick was for she said, "So he can have a tail!"

Samuel looked at it and said, "Maybe it's so he can go potty!" Leave it to a boy! Now whenever he sees it, he calls it the snowman's pee-pee. Okaaaaay. :)

No comments: