Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Tiger In Samuel's Room

This morning at 5am Samuel was calling for Daddy. When Daryl went in there, Samuel was wide awake. Samuel asked for a book so Daryl blindly handed him a book and stumbled back to bed. This morning, mid-morning, Samuel randomly says to me "Mommy, I don't want a tiger in my room again." I asked him a couple more questions about it and figured he had a bad dream and that's what woke him up at 5 this morning. When Daryl came home from lunch I told him about it and he asked Samuel a few more questions . . . just because it was too cute to let it go!!

Daryl: "Was the tiger real or pretend?"
Samuel: (thinking for a few seconds first) "I think he was pretend"
Daryl: "Did you ask him if he was pretend?"
Samuel: "I asked him but he didn't talk to me (holding his hands up like he had no idea why the tiger wouldn't talk to him) so I think he was pretend."
Daryl: "What color was he?"
Samuel: (looking at Daryl like he was dumb) "He was striped, Daddy!"
Daryl: "Where was the tiger in your room?"
Samuel: "He stand at a little spot by my train table"
Daryl: "Was he a big tiger or a little tiger?"
Samuel: "Just kind of a little bit small but a little bit big too!"
Samuel: "But Daddy, I don't want a tiger in my room again!"

I guess that was enough adventure for Samuel for awhile!!

No comments: