Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hope's First Prayer

Tonight we were at my parent's house for supper because Daryl was at his internship. We were sitting down ready to eat when I said, "okay, let's pray before we eat!" Hope spoke up and said, "I want to talk to God!" I made her repeat it a second time because I wasn't sure that I heard her correctly. She and Samuel would both repeat after us when we prayed but neither of them had prayed by themselves yet. I told her to go ahead. She prayed a prayer something like this (I wrote it down as soon as I could after she prayed so that I wouldn't forget it!): "Dear Jesus, Thank you for this nice day. Thank you for milk. Thank you for Grandpa. Thank you for Grandma. Thank you for Samuel, Mommy, Hopey, and Lia. Thank you for the pool . . ." and then she went off and started saying totally random things that I didn't understand. So I quietly prompted her by saying, "In Jesus Name" and then she followed with a big "AMEN!" She was so so proud of herself and so was her Mommy!
Then, of course, not to be outdone by his little sister, Samuel decided he wanted to pray as well. His prayer was, "Dear Jesus, Thank you for this food. Thank you for this meal. Thank you for this yummy supper. Thank you for Mommy, Grandma, Grandpa, Samuel, Hopey, and Lia. Dear Jesus, Amen!!" Again, a very proud Mommy. And a very proud little boy. I hope they are this excited and passionate about prayer for their whole lives!!

No comments: