It was a beautiful day for a hike at the Nature Center! Minus the part where I was helping Samuel pee in the bushes and then Aliyah threw the animal cracker bag into the fast flowing creek. I left Samuel to run after it and all the kids totally freaked out. I was trying to hurry back when I stepped in the water and got my shoe all wet. And also minus the part where Aliyah threw Hope's shoe (croc) in the water and I didn't realize it right away. I heard her saying "uh-oh! uh-oh!" but I didn't realize why she was saying that until I was looking for Hope's shoes to put back on her. Thankfully it got stuck on a branch just a little ways down the creek so I ran after it to grab it. And the kids freaked out again thinking their Mom was running away from them or something crazy like that! But it was a good day for a hike at the Nature Center and we did have a wonderful time! I was pleasantly surprised that the only wet clothing object or body part was my shoe and my foot! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment