Today Samuel was talking about how when he turns 5 years old he is going to go to school on the big yellow bus. This is how our conversation went:
Samuel: When I'm 5 then I can go to school on the big yellow bus
Mommy: Yup, that's right! Does that sound like fun to go to school all by yourself like a big boy?
Samuel: (thinking hard) Will Mommy come to school with me?
Mommy: Nope, Mommy can't come to school with you
Samuel: Will Daddy come to school with me? (starting to get a little concerned and confused at this point)
Mommy: No honey, Daddy can't come to school with you either
Samuel: (in a very sad and discouraged voice) How come nobody will come with meeeee?
At that point, I told him not to worry about it and that he has a long time before he turns 5 years old. Thankfully, he dropped it rather quickly and didn't say anything more about it. I think I won't bring that up again for awhile!
No comments:
Post a Comment