Thursday, October 25, 2012

Baby Update

12 weeks 2 days

Today when Jenny Mulder and her kids were over for a play date, I started bleeding. I was so shocked and so scared! I called my doctor and they recommended I come in right away for an ultrasound. I called Daryl and he came home right away. Jenny offered to stay and watch my kids but we ended up having my Dad come over. My Mom was out in Gobles volunteering at Savannah's school so we weren't even able to get a hold of her. I was sure that I had miscarried the baby. I will never forget seeing that precious little heart beating away on that ultrasound. His/her hands were up by its face and he/she was wiggling all over the place. Tears of relief and joy! The heart rate was 161 and the baby was measuring 13 weeks. They found a clot behind my placenta which was the source of all (and it was a LOT) the blood. The clot (called a subchorionic hematoma) measured 5cm x 3cm x 1cm. Larger than average but not huge. I talked to Dr Bauer on the phone (I was having my ultrasound done in outpatient testing at Bronson b/c they didn't have an opening for me in the office) and she was really honest with me and told me that at this point I have a 50/50 chance of losing this baby. She told me to take it easy - no lifting, sit/lie down as often as I possibly can, no strenuous activity, etc. We went home and I went to rest in my bed. I cried out to God and I told Him that I trusted Him and if He chose to take this baby home with Him, I would be okay because I knew He would give me peace and comfort. He know the number of this baby's days and I chose to trust Him and not to live in fear. And yet, we are praying desperately for this baby's life and for healing for that clot!

No comments: