We were blessed today with a new-to-us swing set. Our little swing set/playground broke 2 days ago. Samuel, Savannah, and Aliyah were swinging on it and one of the posts cracked. It's been wobbly and precarious for awhile so we knew this was coming. My kids love to swing (especially Aliyah) and they were very sad that their swing set no longer was usable. I was shocked at the price of new playgrounds and swing sets when I checked them out online. I was telling my Mom yesterday, ""All I want is a simple but sturdy wooden swing set. Just a simple a-frame with 4 swings." But when I checked those out I was surprised to see that they are about $800!! Daryl was throwing around the idea of building one himself when I decided to just put it out there on facebook to see if any of my fb friends had any ideas for me. Almost immediately a sweet family that I used to babysit for commented on my status and said that they had a swing set in their backyard exactly what I was looking for and if we wanted to come and get it, it was ours! We went on Saturday morning to look at it and by Saturday afternoon it was being hauled back to our house on a big trailer.
Daryl, my Dad, and our neighbor Mike carrying the swing set from the trailer back into our backyard.
Hanging up the swings - the kids were very excited to try it out!
Samuel loved the rings
What a blessing! The kids weren't the only excited one. God answers even our littlest prayers, doesn't He?
Trying to figure out what to do with the old swing set. Daryl ended up disassembling it and giving it to my Dad to take to trash pick-up day at the park. We kept the slide . . . just in case. The kids do say that they miss having the slide.
The kids swung for a long time!
I had to try it too! What you can't see is that Hope is behind me. I promise!!
My Dad even tried it out (and Hope wasn't behind him!)
A pretty swingin' girl!
This girl could swing all. day. long.
This is the thank you note that I sent to the family that gave us the swing set. I think it sums up my thoughts and feelings quite well!
Thank you SO SO much. I put some pictures up and tagged you in one of them. My kids LOVE it! I think I might love it more. Aliyah and Hope probably were swinging for 45 minutes plus after it got here. Then they were all on and off and on and off (but mostly on) it for the rest of the evening. It's definitely a big hit!
It's so crazy because I was just telling my Mom yesterday, "All I want is a simple but sturdy wooden swing set. Just a simple a-frame with 4 swings." Did God answer that specifically or what? I'm amazed at how He provided. And so quickly too! Our swing set broke on Thursday night. My kids swing every day so I really wanted to find a new one quickly but I had no idea how quickly God was going to answer that prayer! I was looking online yesterday and a swing set kit (no slide or anything) was almost 700!!! Definitely not affordable for us right now. Thank you for being so generous and for blessing us with exactly what I was asking God for. No prayer request is too silly, right?
It was weird pushing my kids on it tonight and thinking that 13 or 14 years ago I was pushing YOUR kids on it. Who would have thought back then that one day my kids would be swinging on that very swing set. I know it all sounds silly but I seriously wanted to cry tonight when I was watching my kids enjoy the swing set so much. You have blessed our family. Thank you!!
Sara
It's so crazy because I was just telling my Mom yesterday, "All I want is a simple but sturdy wooden swing set. Just a simple a-frame with 4 swings." Did God answer that specifically or what? I'm amazed at how He provided. And so quickly too! Our swing set broke on Thursday night. My kids swing every day so I really wanted to find a new one quickly but I had no idea how quickly God was going to answer that prayer! I was looking online yesterday and a swing set kit (no slide or anything) was almost 700!!! Definitely not affordable for us right now. Thank you for being so generous and for blessing us with exactly what I was asking God for. No prayer request is too silly, right?
It was weird pushing my kids on it tonight and thinking that 13 or 14 years ago I was pushing YOUR kids on it. Who would have thought back then that one day my kids would be swinging on that very swing set. I know it all sounds silly but I seriously wanted to cry tonight when I was watching my kids enjoy the swing set so much. You have blessed our family. Thank you!!
Sara

No comments:
Post a Comment