Friday, December 9, 2011

Visiting Santa

Today we went with my Mom and Savannah to see Santa at the mall. I tried to talk it up for my kids in the days before we went, but I was almost 100% sure that none of them would be brave enough to sit in Santa's lap. I was right! Hope was literally shaking in the stroller when she got her first glimpse of the jolly old man!! Savannah was the only one brave enough to go sit on his lap. And Aliyah was the second bravest but even she didn't get very close! For some reason Hope has it in her head that Santa might eat her. Over the past few weeks she has asked me a few times, "Will Santa eat me?" Obviously I'm not doing a very good job reassuring her that he won't because she definitely doesn't trust the guy! When we sing "Santa Claus is comin' to town" she says, "But not to my house!"
Savannah giving Santa a big hug

The closest my kids got!

Love this picture of these beautiful kids!

Aliyah cleared out the "waddles" (penguins) from the shelf at Build-A-Bear. She is in love with any penguin she happens to lay her eyes on. I was proud of her though - when I told her to put them back on the shelf she put them all back without crying and then blew them all a kiss and told them good-bye. I love her sweet personality!

Pretending to drive the cars at the mall. Yup, I am too cheap to put money in them!

Watch out world! Here comes Aliyah!!

It was a fun trip to the mall even though seeing Santa was an absolute fail. I wasn't going to push my kids to sit on his lap though - no reason for that! After we got home, Hope was taking off of her boots when she looked at me and said, "That was so much fun going to see Santa today!" I'm a little confused by that statement because it directly contradicts the trembling and shaking she was doing when she saw him . . . but I'm glad she had fun!!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Two things...that was a great Santa! and I never put money in those cars either...I'm trying to see how long it will last before the boys learn that they actually can move.