Thursday, November 10, 2011

The First Snow of the Year

Today was our first snow of the year! Samuel was so excited! Right away he wanted to go outside and play in the snow. I held him off until I got Aliyah down for a nap and then Samuel, Hope, and I went outside. They had a blast even though there wasn't much snow on the ground at all - it wasn't even covering the grass. We threw snowballs at each other, made a little snowman, made snow (and grass) angels, shoveled off the deck, and played follow the leader. It was so much fun! As much as I whine about the snow I think it would be hard for me to move to a place that didn't have a snowy winter. But does winter have to be so long? Of course, I didn't get any pictures of them outside in the snow because my camera battery died. Tonight we went swimming (an open swim at a nearby therapy pool) with my parents and by the time we got home snow was covering the grass and the roads were pretty slippery. Some places around us got 4-5" of snow today! I'm not sure we got that much, but it was pretty decent for the first snowfall!

No comments: