This has been a rainy week and I was desperate to go somewhere with the kids where they could burn off some energy. Our house is just too small for 3 little kids with lots of energy! Today we headed for a McDonald's about 30 minutes away that looked (from my drives to and from Anna's soccer games) like a fun one. A fun McDonald's = A playplace that my kids can play on by themselves (more specifically, a way for my kids to get up to the slide without me crawling behind them and boosting them up to every single platform). Score!! This is the first McDonald's that I have found within a 2o mile radius that has a slide my kids can play on all by themselves. And not just one slide . . . . two!! Oh happy day. :) They loved it and had a blast! We were there for (cough, cough) 2 1/2 hours!
My little Hope is turning into a McDonald's addict. The other day we were in the van stopped and a red light and Hope starts bawling. We had just past a McDonald's. I asked her what was wrong. Her answer? "I want to go to McDonald's!!!!" Oh dear . . . .
Aliyah was happy to just hang out and run around (and eat some french fries too!). I took her up into the tunnels once and she freaked out. That was okay with me! Much easier to stay on the ground with her.
McDonald's is the happiest place on earth!! At least it was today! It was just what we all needed - sanity (for me) and a place to have fun and burn off some energy (for my kids)!!
No comments:
Post a Comment