I did it! I ran my first 5K . . . ever. And it was fun!! Anna and I did Run for the Son together. Daryl also ran but he was running with a friend from work who had a goal of finishing in under 44 minutes. My goal was to run it in under 30 minutes. Anna's friend, Cody, runs for Cornerstone and he told us we had to run the 5K faster than his 8K PR - 26 minutes and 3 seconds. I was doubtful that I could run it that fast, but Anna dragged me along! I thought she started out rather fast but our fastest mile was actually mile 2. I crossed the finish line at 26 minutes and 1 second. Anna crossed at 26 minutes even. Anna was 2nd in her age group, I was 4th in mine. 46th and 47th overall. Not bad for my first 5K. Now Anna is trying to talk me into doing a half marathon next May . . . . we'll see about that one!!Saturday, September 24, 2011
26.01
I did it! I ran my first 5K . . . ever. And it was fun!! Anna and I did Run for the Son together. Daryl also ran but he was running with a friend from work who had a goal of finishing in under 44 minutes. My goal was to run it in under 30 minutes. Anna's friend, Cody, runs for Cornerstone and he told us we had to run the 5K faster than his 8K PR - 26 minutes and 3 seconds. I was doubtful that I could run it that fast, but Anna dragged me along! I thought she started out rather fast but our fastest mile was actually mile 2. I crossed the finish line at 26 minutes and 1 second. Anna crossed at 26 minutes even. Anna was 2nd in her age group, I was 4th in mine. 46th and 47th overall. Not bad for my first 5K. Now Anna is trying to talk me into doing a half marathon next May . . . . we'll see about that one!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment