Monday, April 18, 2011

A Miserable Spring

This has been a horrible spring. We've had a couple of beautiful days but the majority have been cold and wet - usually in the 40s. Today we woke up to snow falling from the sky and covering the ground. I was less than thrilled. My kids, specifically Samuel, were thrilled.

Aliyah just kept staring out the windows trying to figure out what in the world was falling from the sky in the middle of April. I'm not sure who had the more confused look on their face - Aliyah or myself. I mean, seriously, snow on April 18!? That is confusing!

Samuel spotted the snow right away when he came downstairs in the morning. The first thing out of his mouth was "It's snowing!! We can shovel!! Mommy, you like snow?" The boy loves to shovel. Let's hope he still loves to shovel 5-10 years from now!
I don't have any pictures of Hope greeting the snow. She was pretty nonchalant and cool about the whole thing. She was more concerned with making sure Samuel didn't touch her Dora doll.

By the time we made it outside (during Hope's nap), all the snow had melted in the driveway and the only snow left to shovel was on the deck. Samuel was disappointed that the driveway was clear but shoveling the deck was enough to satisfy him.

Aliyah was ticked that I bundled her up and took her outside. I can't blame her. I wasn't so happy about it either. But we survived. And the fresh air did feel good.

Swinging made it a little better. I'll let you in on a little secret: Aliyah's snowpants aren't zipped up. I was afraid if I zipped them up that she wouldn't be able to breathe. Also, when I zipped them up and tried to sit her down it didn't work. She just tipped over. So unzipped they were.

No comments: