Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Trip to the Berry Patch :)

Today we headed for the strawberry patch with our good friends!  Because of the warm March and then the late freeze, a lot of farmers lost their strawberry crops.  Thankfully, there was one berry patch near us that worked hard and saved their whole crop.  The season is short this year so Jenny and I decided to head out there today with our kids and pick some strawberries!  The kids had fun running around and playing.  Samuel helped out a little bit with dumping strawberries from his little quart-sized bucket into the big one.  Hope danced around and played with her little friend Abigail and Aliyah stayed busy eating strawberries.  Later, when we were telling Daryl about strawberry picking I said, "Hope, how many strawberries did you put into Mommy's big box?"  Hope answered, "Probably 1!"  I think that is pretty accurate and honest of her!! ;)

Our little "helpers" :)

I think I owe the berry patch a couple more bucks for the strawberries that Aliyah ate!!

When I got home and washed the strawberries, I found these.  I asked the kids who was eating strawberries out of Mommy's box and Aliyah said, "Meeeee!!!"  I don't doubt it for a second. :)

No comments: