Monday, November 5, 2012

Kid Quotes


One evening during devotions we were talking about how God is always with us, no matter where we are.  We were asking the kids questions like, "Is God with you if you are in Florida?" or "Is God with you if you are at Grandma's house?"  Then we got a little silly and I asked Samuel, "Is God with you if you're in Timbuktu?"  Samuel said, "Yes! And God is with me if I'm in Timbuk-three!" That's good logic right there!  And it makes total sense coming out of the mouth of my boy who loves numbers and sees numbers in everything!

I told Hope that she couldn't do something (I can't remember what) and she looks at me and says, "Mommy, I am not impressed!"

Aliyah was sad last night on the way back from Grandpa and Grandma's house.  When we got home she asked for Mommy to hold her.  Because of my restrictions due to being pregnant, I can't lift her up right now.  I told her, "No honey, Mommy can't lift you up right now.  Can Daddy do it?"  Through her sobbing she managed to get out the words, "What doctor say?"  My heart broke . . . even my little girl right now knows that the doctor says Mommy can't lift her up right now. :(

Hope told me that I couldn't march around the living room tonight with Aliyah because "the baby might fall out!"

We told the kids today that Mommy has a baby in her tummy.  Hope's first response was, "Nooooooo!" (in a tone of voice like "you are kidding me! that's not true!")  Samuel's first question was "When the baby is born, will the baby be 0?" (Who says birth order isn't important?  My firstborn needed to make sure that this baby would not replace him as the oldest in the family!) Aliyah has been jumping up and down and bouncing off of the walls ever since we told her.  She wants so badly to hold the baby.  She is always asking me to pull up my shirt ("Open it!" she says, as she pulls up my shirt) and she loves to: rub my belly, put her face up to my tummy and say "hi baby!", tickle my tummy and say "I tickle baby!"  Tonight I was gone at the store and Aliyah came running up to Daryl and said, "I can't find baby!"  Daryl asked her what baby and she said, "Baby in Mommy's tummy!"

Daryl asked Aliyah when the baby was going to come out of Mommy's tummy and Aliyah said, "When Doctor takes out!"  That girl is way too smart . . . . ;)

Hope is my little girl that loves her bed and loves to sleep.  At dance class last week all of the girls were going around and saying what they were thankful for.  A lot of girls said "My Mommy" or "My Daddy" or "My house".  What does Hope say?  "My pillow!!!" :)

No comments: